Drive-By Shooting in Belleview Leaves 1 Man Dead and 1 Injured
BELLEVIEW- Daryel Townsend, lives just a few feet from a Sweetbay Supermarket.
He says more than one bullet interrupted an otherwise normal Sunday evening that ended with one man dead and another injured.
Townsend says,"At first I thought it was thunder, but then I told my wife it was a gunshot, and there was about six shots."
At least one of those shots struck and killed 44 year old John Hall behind Sweetbay before he was pronounced dead at Munroe Regional Medical Center.
Another man 20 year old Charles Penny was struck in the leg during the shooting and has been discharged from Munroe.
Belleview Police have secured a vehicle they believe to be connected to the shooting.
They recovered a black 1984 Chevy Impala with the words, "Child's Play," written along the side.
It was recovered at a Silver Springs Shores home that contained multiple firearms.
Neighbors say they understand that a security camera caught some of the incident on video and it hasn't been released yet by authorities.
- 2 Children Hurt in Drive-By Shooting
- Sanford Police Investigating Drive-by Shooting
- Cluster of Sinkholes in Suwannee County Leaves Man at the Mercy of FEMA
- Marion County Man Arrested on Multiple Charges of Child Pornography
- Semi Truck Crash in Marion County Leaves Driver Seriously Injured
- Rick Drummond Prepares Leave County Manager Seat as Betty Baker Steps in
- Shooting at Gainesville Apartment Complex Lands One Man Behind Bars
- Early Morning Attack Ends in Murder for Unidentified Gainesville Man
- Paddling Scheduled to Return to Marion County Elementary Schools
- Shooting Leaves One Man Dead