Land Owner Pays To Remove Fallen Tree
MARION COUNTY - Crews began removing a giant tree Wednesday that had entrapped resdients in a Marion County neighborhood.
The removal was paid for by the owner of the land where the tree used to stand.
The giant tree fell over Tuesday afternoon, blocking southeast 38th Terrace, and leaving a group of residents stranded.
Some people who live in the area had to drive through the woods, across a railroad track and on private property to gain access to the road.
County officials had told residents that removing the tree was not their responsibility because the road it had fallen on was private.
- Man Donates Land to County for New Park
- Marion County Certified Substitutes Get Pay Raise
- MCSO: Remembering fallen deputy Brian Litz
- Marion County Teachers Will Soon Get Pay Increase
- Waldo agrees to pay off debt from use of center
- Summerfield Business Owner Charged with Child Pornography
- School board & city to come up with stormwater plan in lieu of paying fees
- Walmart thieves pay the price in Ocala
- FDOT removes memorial outside nightclub
- Missing Dogs Found at Phoenix Animal Rescue, Owners Say They Struggled to Get Them Back