A Man is Killed after Pointing a Gun at Officers
It's been about three months since the last police involved shooting in Lake City.
"He just ran in my room and said," said Kiki Lofton.
Officers said Sweeney came out of his apartment and pointed a handgun at them. Then they shot him.
Lake City Police spokesperson Steve Shaw said disturbance calls are the number one killer of officers nationwide.
"You never know what's on the other side of the door. So a disturbance is something that an officer don't know what they are going into," said Shaw.
A neighbor tolds us that Jeramey Sweeny had only moved in a week ago. A check of his past only turned up an arrest for a driver's license violation last year.
The State Attorney's Office and Florida Department of Law Enforcement are investigating the shooting.
- Lake City Police Officer Shoots, Kills Armed Driver at DUI Checkpoint
- Lake City man arrested after deadly shooting
- Lake City Man Faces Attempted Murder Charges, After Shooting Friend
- Lake City Officer Shooting
- Lake City Officer Cleared in Shooting
- Lake City Police Officer Dies in Early Morning Fire
- Lake City Police Officer Arrested: She Turned Herself In
- Battery Of Two Lake City Police Officers
- Lake City Police Still Investigating Accidental Shooting Death of 11-Year Old Boy
- Lake City Police Arrest Three Men for Home Invasion and Shooting