New Website Offers Tips on Bed Bug Prevention and Control for Students
GAINESVILLE- Bed bugs are a growing problem everywhere and transient cities like Gainesville are ripe for the bloodsuckers.
A new website launched by a team at the University of Florida is designed to help people get a handle on these pests.
Assistant Extension Scientist, Dr. Faith Oi hopes to put an end to the fear factor surrounding bed bugs with a recently launched website to inform the public on bed bug introduction, prevention and management.
Oi says, "there's something about having a bloodsucking living right with you that really freaks people out."
Oi says that rental properties occupied by college students are the most common areas in Gainesville where infestations occur.
- Bed Bug Infestation In Northeast Gainesville Apartment
- Mosquitoes Use Standing Water to Stir Trouble in Alachua County
- New Cost Effective Bed Bug Trap Developed by UF Research Labs
- Gun Control Debate Continues in North Central Florida
- Urban Coyote: Should They Stay or Should They Go? And If So, How?
- Search for Missing Student Reaches High and Low with Help from Joint Aviation Unit
- Cold Case: Parents of Missing UF Student Hope Science Will Lead to Answers
- Gainesville Students Return While Staff Step Up In Wake of Newtown Tragedy
- College Students Trying to Keep Up with Rising Textbook Prices
- UF Student Football Ticket Sales Witness Dry Spell