Ocala Man Uses New Business to Combat Disability
Published August 29th, 2012
OCALA - Aaron Hosterman owns a mobile equine tack service business where he repairs and sells leatherware for horses.
He also suffers from degenerative sclerosis.
"All of the vertebrae in my neck are slowly deteriorating and falling apart..I have had to have a couple surgeries to repair that," Hosterman says.
He has taken his disability and turned it into inspiration in becoming a proud business owner.
He is part of a program called Vocational Rehabilitation, a program with the Florida Department of Education that helps people with disabilities find work.
"I got a paper that said something about Vocational Rehabilitation, and someone said check it out," Hosterman says.
And he did check it out.
Hosterman applied for many jobs before coming to Vocational Rehab, but he needed to pass a physical.
With his disability, that was not possible, therefore he couldn't find a job.
When Hosterman joined the program, he was given the tools and training, in making his dreams a reality.
"The greatest sense of accomplishment after going through this program is I am an independent business man," he says.
Hosterman got his idea for a mobile equine service from a friend who has passed on..but he dedicates all of his success to him.
Hosterman started his business in April of this year and on a daily basis he pushes through for his passion despite his frequent headaches and pain.
Although having a disability has it's difficulties, Hosterman is more ready than ever to put his sewing machine and his thimble hands to work, hoping that this next year will bring him a lot of business.
His new family at vocational rehab believes he will do just that.
- Ocala Business Man Accused of Having Sex with Minors
- Ocala's Culinary Combat
- New Technology to Help Disabled
- Man Arrested For Sexual Battery of a Mentally Disabled Teen
- Disabled Elderly Man Robbed, Then Left For Dead
- Fake Money Used to Buy Phone Cards at Lake City Business
- An Exclusive Inside Look at the New GPD Building - Using Some New Technology
- New Road for New Business
- Opponents Question New Drug to be Used in Happ Execution
- Business in Ocala Vandalized