Ocala's Culinary Combat
Published August 26th, 2012
OCALA - Chef's in Ocala are stepping up to the plate for a good cause.
Ocala held its fourth Culinary Combat... A fundraiser for Marion County's charity, Veteran's Helping Veteran's.
Where local chef's cooked for judges in what they call, "The Ultimate Food Fight."
One of the sponsors, Elgin Carelock says people got to savor appetizers and entrees from 15 restaurants in the area.
"It gives the opportunity for the smaller restaurants who may not have this type of patron come to their stores because they are small, to come out and showcase their product and help a wonderful charity."
More than 150 people attended this charity fundraiser and it's expected to happen again next year.
- UF's New Partnership with the Department of Veteran's Affairs
- Veteran's History Project
- Ocala City Manager Talks about Ocala's Future
- 'Light Up Ocala' Turns On For 30th Year
- Ocala's "King of Crack" is Dethroned
- Ocala's PJ Williams Wins Defensive MVP In FSU National Championship Win
- Inside of Ocala's Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting Training
- Ocala's Winter Wonderland
- Ocala's New Roads to Be Named
- Ocala's New Fire Chief Meets City Council