Suwannee County Residents Call on Power of Prayer for Jane Doe
LIVE OAK- They've been working since day one over the internet and on the streets but Monday afternoon, a group in Suwannee County turned on a road of spirituality to dodge a dead end in learning the identity of this woman.
"It could be one of our family members, even a close friend," says Kathy Buck of Hamilton County.
For now, everyone is wondering what category an unidentified woman dubbed by locals as, "Suwannee Jane Doe," falls under.
Three weeks have passed since the discovery of a beaten and bruised woman in Suwannee County, and no one is able to identify her.
Live Oak Resident Lynda Rebel recalls the account of Doe's discovery, "a couple was out inspecting their property, and they happened to see a leg sticking up out of the weeds, and so they stopped and saw it was a person and called 911."
Rebel says the woman was taken to Shands and put into a medically-induced coma.
With medical information and visitation to Suwannee Jane limited, all these people are left with is prayer.
A group of woman from Suwannee and Hamilton Counties organized a vigil outside the Live Oak Courthouse.
"Prayer really works because to start with they didn't give her much hope and so this prayer vigil is not for a deceased person, this prayer vigil is she's gonna come out of this," Rebel said.
And according to some residents, there are signs of recovery.
"Her are eyes are fluttering," Live Oak resident Beth Beaver said.
Doe does have a unique set of tattoos that investigators hope will lead to a positive identification.
- A Reason to Celebrate for Suwannee County Residents in Storm Affected Areas
- Bumpy Road to Recovery for Live Oak Residents
- Live Oak Opens Shelter for Displaced Debby Residents
- Cluster of Sinkholes in Suwannee County Leaves Man at the Mercy of FEMA
- Marion County Residents Clean Up Fatal Crash Site
- Candle Vigil Marks 4 Years Since Haleigh Cummings Disappearance
- NAACP Calls for the Resignation of Lake City Police Chief and City Manager
- Prayer Vigil for Trayvon Martin
- Family of missing woman hold prayer vigil
- 10 Year Old Saves the Day in Sturgeon Accident