UF Police Searching for Armed Gunman
Gainesville - University of Florida Police are searching for two people involved with another man who brought a gun to UF's campus. Details are limited but police questioned one person they believed is involved.
"I scoot here everyday for class its kind of scary," Lauren Heil, UF student said.
Lauren Heil is a 5th year senior at UF who uses the parking garage for her scooter.
"All the faculty parks here," Heil said.
Heil parked near parking garage 10 off of Archer Road near Shands, where UF police say before 2 Thursday afternoon, they were originally dealing with two arguments. Heil says she was in class when she received UF alerts about a gunman on campus.
"With all the pharmacy students in a big auditorium doing a thing about tobacco sensation," Heil said.
Three people were involved in argument in the parking garage, one of the three pulled out a handgun.
"Its like where are these people coming from its never students," Heil said.
"One black male was the subject that did not pull the firearm, he's being interviewed to try and get more information," Captain Jeff Holcomb, UF Police Spokesperson said.
Police say when they arrived on the second level of the parking garage, there were three individuals, two black males, and one white female. Officers held the unarmed man down while the other two got away.
"The other male involved left the scene undetermined direction of travel, as well as the white female involved has left," Holcomb said.
Now they're questioning the man to get more information.
Police could only say the description of the man is a black male wearing a white t-shirt. There is no description for the female.
- University of Florida Police Search For Armed Robber
- Lake City Police Search For Armed Suspect
- Police Search for Armed Robbery Suspects
- Police Search for Gunman Who Shot Four Men
- Deputies Search For Armed Suspect In Home Invasion Robbery
- Police: Two Armed Suspects Rob Business, Duct Tape Victim
- Lake City Police Officer Shoots, Kills Armed Driver at DUI Checkpoint
- Police Still Investigating Armed Robberies near Royal Village
- Police: Gunman killed after shooting at FSU
- Police: Gunman in Ala. Bar Shooting Turned Self In