Archer Man Accused of Molesting Child
It is wise to get to know your neighbors. Especially, if children are involved.
A new neighbor with a dark past moved in to a neighborhood in Archer and it didn't take long for him to find himself in trouble with the law again.
"You never really know who is living next to you," said Stephanie Zorilo.
Zorilo of Archer said she is shocked to hear that one of her neighbors is accused of molesting a child who lives nearby.
"It makes me very uncomfortable that somebody who is probably part of a small community will be able to do that with parents and family pretty close by," said Zorilo.
She said she doesn't trust anybody with her two year old daughter.
Detective Drew Moore with the Alachua County Sheriff's Office said 46-year-old David Gerald Evans became an acquaintance of the victims family after recently moving into their neighborhood.
On August 25,2012 Evans stopped by the familys' house with a golf cart he had borrowed.
"That led to the children wanting to ride the golf cart. he took the victim on a golf cart ride on the property, which is where the incident subsequently happened was on the golf cart."
The five year-old girl told her parents what Evans had done.
"Often times remember these people who prey on children will also tell them not to tell or will make up a story that something will happen if they do tell so it's important that kids know that should tell someone they who can then report it," said Moore.
Evans was arrested on Friday and soon after he confessed.
Even though he's in jail, detectives worry that evans may have tried molesting other children in North Central Florida.
"I was given information that the Levy County Sheriff's Office also has an allegation against Mr.Evans involving a child as well," said Moore.
Neighbors like Zorilo are glad Evans is no longer in the neighborhood, but she said she will still be vigilant with her kids.
"You can not be too careful anywhere. not even here," said Zorilo.
Not even with some neighbors.
If you know someone who may have been targeted by Evans contact the Alachua County Sheriffs Office.
- Ocala Teenager Shoots 5-year-old with BB Gun
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Having Sex With 11-Year-Old Girl
- Gainesville Man Accused of Having Sex With 14-Year-Old
- 5-Year-Old Sees Mother Get Shot By Father
- Tampa Man Accused of Abusing, Killing 3-year-old
- Police Officer's 3-year-old Child Drowns
- 2-year-old Child Drowns After Falling Into Septic Tank
- 35-Year-Old Ocala Woman Accused of Having Sex with Minor
- Teacher Accused Of Having Sex With 15-Year-Old, Terminated From School
- 21-Year-Old Man Drowns At Popular Dixie County Swimming Spot