Billboard Gets Mixed Reaction From Gator Football Fans
GAINESVILLE- Eyes are set on the horizon in Gainesville for Gator football fans looking forward to this weekend’s matchup with SEC newcomer Texas A&M.
It struck a nerve with some fans and a funny bone with others but many people are more excited than ever for this weekend’s game in College Station.
Many are saying that a recent stunt in Gainesville is proving that there might not be crying in football but there is trash talking.
“Oh you gotta have trash talk,” Gator fan Mike Bell says.
But Bell admits he was caught off guard at the lengths that some fans went to in order to deliver their message... a solid 672 feet.
“I’m entertained," said Bell.
The billboard reads that Texas A&M has the best academics and cleanest program in the SEC.
Gator fan, Daniel Nasworthy begs to differ.
“I don’t agree with it, this is Gator Nation, so it’s kinda disrespectful," Nasworthy said. "But it’s okay. We’ll show ‘em Saturday. Wassup, SEC baby.”
According to findings published by the US-News and World Report, the Aggies and Gators are actually tied for 58th in national university rankings.
These numbers based on everything from tuition to graduation rates.
As far as being the cleanest University, WRUF AM850 Sports Analyst Larry Vettel says, “A&M is a big ole school and they’ve got kids that make mistakes,and they’ve got kids that don’t go to class. They’ve got kids that get arrested just like everybody else but right now they’re the new kid on the block, and none of us knows their history and their track record.”
The billboard has been taken down.
Houston Media Company, representing a group called, "Aggie Nation" is believed to be responsible.
Jason Cook of Texas A&M’s Communications Department says they didn’t place the billboard.
Gametime is in College Station this Saturday, starting at 3:30pm.
- Reactions to Terry Jones' Role in the Ongoing Libyan Crisis
- Annexation Referendum Gets Mixed Review From Alachua County Residents
- Gainesville Regional Airport Sends Plane of Fans to Sugar Bowl
- Gators VS Huskies, Fan Reaction
- George P. Bush Makes a Stop in Gainesville, Encouraging Young Voters to Get to the Polls
- After 62 Years of Uncertainty Korean War Veterans Gets Homecoming
- Gainesville Family Gets Rude Awakening After Tree Falls on House
- Former Gator Released From Jail
- UF Beefs up Security Football Gameday Weekend
- Search for Missing Student Reaches High and Low with Help from Joint Aviation Unit