Children's Miracle Network Family Boot Camp
The Children’s Miracle Network is hosting a bootcamp-style fitness fundraiser to benefit sick kids at Shands Hospital for Children at the University of Florida.
Participants in the “Sweat for a Miracle” event will get to visit various aerobic exercise stations, including running, jumping rope and ladder drills. The event, spearheaded by Shelley Collins, M.D., pediatric hospital medicine division chief and CMN radiothon team captain, is open to the public, will also feature awards, giveaways and unique photo opportunities for the entire family. Entry is free for children ages 10 and under, and costs $10 for all others.
The bootcamp is being held two days before the Children’s Miracle Network’s annual “Radiothon for Kids” at Shands at UF, which features live interviews and testimonials from patients and faculty. Miss Florida is also scheduled to attend to support the cause. This year’s fundraising goal is $100,000. Radiothon donations can be made Tuesday, Sept. 18 in person at the Shands at UF atrium, by phone at 877-719-5437 or online atwww.shandsradiothon.org.
WHEN: 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 15. Registration is at 7:30 a.m.
WHERE: Kanapaha Park, 7400 SW 41st Place, Gainesville
CONTACT: RSVP by 4 p.m. Friday, Sept. 14 to Andrew Ragsdale at email@example.com
- IHOP teaming up with Children's Miracle Network on National Pancake Day
- Sick Teen Raises Money for Children's Miracle Network
- A Local Boy Named "Florida Champion" of Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
- Dance Marathon raises over 2 million for Children's Miracle Network
- Stop Children's Cancer Holiday Traditions: A Musical Celebration
- Attempted burglary at "A Children's Academy"
- Homeless Children's Program Hosting 15th Annual Campaign
- Shands Children's Hospital recognized by US News and World Report
- Stop Children's Cancer
- Camelot Community Care Helping Florida's Children and Families