Firefighters Step Up Fire Prevention Programs
More than 350,000 house fires were reported last year around the country, injuring 13,000 and killing 2,500 people.
October is "fire prevention month," during which Marion County firefighters will visit schools to speak to students about preventing and preparing for fires.
Firefighters say they want parents to speak to their kids about what to do in the event of a fire.
- Marion County Firefighters Promoting Fire Prevention Month at Maplewood Elementary
- Firefighters saves animals from fire
- Homeless Man Arrested for Battery on a Firefighter
- Firefighters battle flames from backyard grill
- Firefighters work to remove debris from roof
- Airport's new firefighting building
- Area Firefighters Train to Deal With Solar Panel Fires
- 19 Arizona Firefighters Dead in Yarnell Hill Fire NCFL Reaction
- Firefighters Reminding Residents About Fire Safety
- Firefighters Extinguish Small Electrical Fire At Ocala Nursing Home