Gainesville Family Gets Rude Awakening After Tree Falls on House
Published September 21st, 2012
GAINESVILLE- Five people in Gainesville this evening are counting their blessings after a tree fell on their Tower Oaks Home.
None of them were hurt but now they are all without a home.
At around 8pm Wednesday night, Savannah Green woke to a huge noise, she had no idea what it was, but she was more worried about her six month old who was sleeping just feet away from her in the bed.
But it wasn’t until she looked up that she saw a huge hole in her ceiling, and she was alerted to the tree that had just fallen in her backyard.
"It was loud, I didn't know what was going on, I thought someone was shooting again because the other night we just had a shootout, and it's been kinda crazy out here," Green says.
The Red Cross is putting the family up in a hotel for three days.
- Tree Falls on Home in Northwest Gainesville
- Tree Falls on Gainesville Home
- Live Oak Businesses on Road to Recovery After Debby
- Broken Family to Relocate After Tree Falls on Home
- After 62 Years of Uncertainty Korean War Veterans Gets Homecoming
- Homeless Housing Makes Headway in Gainesville
- Gainesville Residents Warm Their Homes as Temperatures Fall
- George P. Bush Makes a Stop in Gainesville, Encouraging Young Voters to Get to the Polls
- Fire Destroys Holiday Plans for one Gainesville Family
- One Year After FBI Raid of Gainesville Clinic and Still no Answers