Jailhouse Interview with Michael Frye
OCALA - He's been convicted once already,but a man facing charges for allegedly raping other women is maintaining his innocence. Michael Alan Frye is appealing his conviction.
In an exclusive jailhouse interview with TV 20, Frye said he claims responsibility for one thing: hurting his family.
"That's what hurts the most is my family because I hurt them," Frye said. "I never meant to hurt them."
The 38-year-old said being away from his three daughters is the most difficult part of being behind bars.
On Aug. 22, Frye was convicted of kidnapping and three counts of sexual battery with great force.
The victim told the jury that Frye abducted her and then took her to the woods to rape her.
"So your telling me you did not do it?" I asked Frye.
"I am absolutely telling you," said Frye.
"I take my part, I did solicit and there was a scuffle. I am not going to lie about that," said Frye.
Frye admits he was looking for a prostitute that day. He says though that the woman voluntarily got inside his minivan.
"She is the one that suggested where to go. I said do we got a place to go and she said 'yea we got a place to go,'" Frye said.
During the trial, the victim said Frye punched and beat her, telling her, "you can scream all you want because no one is going to hear you here or see you here."
"To a certain point she fabricated it," Frye said. "It wasn't nearly what she said, not even 98 percent of what she said."
Frye said he didn't testify during the trial because his lawyer advised him not to, but if he could go back in time he would take the stand and tell the jury his side of the story.
He won't share his full version of what happened with us because he is appealing the case.
When we asked him about the other women he's accused of raping, he simply told me he didn't do it.
"There is one other one I admit to too; basically it's soliciting. The other ones, they got proof that it's not me. One can't ID me, says I have no tattoos, but they still charge me with it," said Frye.
A status conference for Frye's next trial will be held a week from Friday.
- Marion County Convicted Rapist Michael Frye Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Lawyer Didn't Believe His Innocence Says Frye
- Convicted Rapist Michael Frye Faces Second Trial
- Trial for Man Accused of Attempting to Rape, Murder Ocala Woman Begins
- MCSO deputies searching for man who drugged and raped a 15-year-old girl
- Man Accused of Taking Picture of a Minor in a Bathroom
- Frye Found Guilty of Sexual Battery and Kidnapping
- Marion County man accused of killing ex-girlfriend's son
- Ocala man accused of burning neighbor's house while she was home
- Man Accused of Rape in Downtown Gainesville Being Held on a Five Million Dollar Bond