Lawyer Didn't Believe His Innocence Says Frye
Published September 13th, 2012
OCALA - He insists he is an innocent man, but a jury found him guilty.
On Aug. 22n Michael Alan Frye was convicted of kidnapping and three counts of sexual battery, but he is appealing the case.
In an exclusive jailhouse interview, he told us what was going through his mind the moment the verdict was read.
"I knew I was going to be found guilty. I knew for a fact I was," said Frye.
"Because the way my lawyer did the closing arguments. I just knew it," said Frye.
Nearly three weeks after his conviction, Frye openened up to TV20, telling us he feels his lawyer did a poor job representing him in court.
"If I put myself in that jury and the way he said it made it sound like he had doubt," said Frye.
Doubt about whether or not Frye committed a violent crime: kidnapping, beating and raping a women in the woods.
"I take the blame for some of it," he said.
He acknowledges to us that he picked up the woman, but evidence shown in court proves otherwise.
"So your saying you weren't with any prostitutes last Wednesday?"
"No," said Frye.
"You don't think it's better just to tell the truth?"
"At that point when they really really started coming down I knew no matter what I would say it really doesn't matter," said Frye.
He describes his recent trial as unfair.
"How in the world can she testify and they allow her to testify, when they did her deposition the day they are picking the jury?" Frye said. "How can he properly represent me when they are doing it the same day."
His lawyer Jack Nugent said Frye is mistaken because the victim's deposition was taken on March 6.
However, what Frye says his biggest issue with his lawyer is that he says he didn't believe in Frye's innocence.
Frye faces multiple rape trials . Jury selection for his next trial is set for October 8.
- Jailhouse Interview with Michael Frye
- Jury Foreman Says Arias Testimony Didn't Help Her
- Mother Outraged Driver Didn't Help Child
- Rain Didn't Dampen Spirits Of Medieval Fair Visitors
- Rain Didn't Dampen Spirits Of Fans At Gatornationals
- Convicted Rapist Michael Frye Faces Second Trial
- 2nd Suit Claims Cruise Ship Didn't Help Castaways
- Crist: I Didn't Know About Greer. Friend: He Did
- Fla. Officer Allegedly Had Sex, Didn't Reveal HIV
- Marion County Convicted Rapist Michael Frye Sentenced to Life in Prison