Ocala Man Denies Killing His Girlfriend
OCALA - Behind bars, but still maintaining his innocence, an Ocala man says he had no idea his girlfriend and mother of their young child was dead until he was told by the police.
Eighteen-year-old Shankera Smith was found shot to death inside the home she shared with Joseph Dennis Jr. Dennis is currently being held at the jail on a charge of possession of a firearm by a felon, and he is considered a "person of interest" by police detectives in Smith's slaying.
TV 20's Chris Gilmore sat down with Dennis in an exclusive Marion County jailhouse interview and reports that Dennis says he loved his girlfriend more than anything and might as well kill himself now that she's gone.
- Woman Found Dead Inside Southwest Ocala Home in what Police are Calling a Homicide
- Marion County sheriff primary finalists named
- Marion County man accused of killing ex-girlfriend's son
- Belleview Man Kills His Girlfriend, Shoots His Daughter
- College of Central Florida Allegedly Denies Admission to Students from Ocala School
- Gunman in Lake Butler Shooting Spree Left Behind a Note
- Marion County Man Arrested on Multiple Charges of Child Pornography
- Drive-By Shooting in Belleview Leaves 1 Man Dead and 1 Injured
- Ocala Health begins $40 million dollar construction project
- Marion Co. Man Fails to Enroll Daughter in School, Says He is a Sovereign Citizen