Wide Spread of Dish-Honesty in North Central Florida
For several days we've been investigating this story in which several residents in North Central Florida are victims of one man's alleged fraud.
"He installed my dish to begin with so I didn't think anything of it…I thought 'this is the dish man," said Jim Welter, an Alachua County resident.
"He put a brand new dish for me and then he came inside and gave me a brand new receiver, the whole works," said Welter. "But then I find out it's probably all stolen."
"This is not something that is really common," said Art Forgey, Public Information Officer for the Alachua County Sheriff's Office. "We don't see a lot of this, however this one seems to be fairly wide spread."
"Oh nice guy, smooth talker, great talker," Welter said. "He's a real salesman, it's unbelievable."
"Finally about a month ago, it got shut off twice in ten days," Welter said.
"He's been scamming people all over the place,"
"If you are looking for this type of service, contact the service directly and let them set up the installation with one of their vendors," Forgey said. "Someone that pulls up saying something that's too good to be true, it probably is."
"No one around Gainesville seems to know what's going on and I just think people need to be aware of this guy because he is just driving around scamming people," said Welter.
Anthony Gerhold is currently wanted in Alachua County.
- Prescribed Fire for a North Central Park and its Wild Life
- Tots Without Toys This Christmas
- Alachua County Sheriff Defends Deputies
- Tots Get Toys in Dixie County
- One Tight Race In Gilchrist County
- Made In America, Swamp Head Brewery
- More Homeowners Associations Victimized
- A New Beginning for One Jacksonville Family
- "Thigh Gap:" A Dangerous New Trend
- One 17 Year Old Finds Hope at Gatornationals