2-year-old Child Drowns After Falling Into Septic Tank
Published October 18th, 2012
STARKE - Investigators in Bradford County are looking into the death of a toddler, after he apparently fell into a septic tank just feet away from his home.
The Bradford County Sheriff's Office says 2-year-old Aiden Howard was found lifeless inside his family's septic tank in Starke on Wednesday. His parents initially called 911 after thinking Howard had run away while playing outside.
But after searching nearby woods for over an hour, deputies stumbled upon a 2-foot hole in the ground, just feet away from the family's home. The hole was in a cement covering over the home's septic tank.
After probing the tank later that day, Howard's body was found inside. The medical examiner says he died after drowning. No word yet on whether or not charges will be filed. Investigators are still trying to figure out how and why the hole was there in the first place.
- One year old Ocala child falls into septic tank and dies
- 10-year-old boy charged in 2-year-old cousin's death
- Police Officer's 3-year-old Child Drowns
- 4-year-old dies after being strangled by 11-year-old, according to deputies
- 21-Year-Old Man Drowns At Popular Dixie County Swimming Spot
- 19-year-old drowns at hunting club
- MCSO: 2-year-old death investigated as suspicious activity
- Bus driver cleared after running over 7-year-old
- Sheriff: Searchers recovered body of 2-year-old boy killed by an alligator at Walt Disney World
- Amber Alert issued for missing Citrus County 1-year-old and 3-year-old