Cone Park Playground Problems
GAINESVILLE--Fred Cone Park is known for the renovation it underwent earlier this year, but to some eastside Gainesville parents, the park may not be the right place to take children.
A parent complained to Mayor Lowe of encountering trash, metal and even contraceptive items near the kid's play area.
The Director for Gainesville's Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs says this past weekend there were several events that took place in the park and that may have caused the trash to pile up.
"And what had happened was that they had not done a very good job of cleaning up the playground area and the park itself. So we've contacted our contractor, they've been made aware that they are not doing the job they are supposed to do."
The city will be working with the Gainesville Police Department to increase after hour patrols.
- Park Safety In Gainesville Eastside Park
- GPD Increases Patrol
- Neighborhoods Around UF Experiencing Parking Problems
- Game Day Parking Problems
- Parking Lot Problems at Santa Fe
- City Still Having Problem Collecting Parking Fines
- Anti-Butt Program Hopes To Keep Gainesville Streets Clean
- Pregnant Woman Stabbed More Than 30 Times
- Superintendent Candidate Fred Heid Visits UF
- Summer Heatwave Program Begins