Convicted Rapist Michael Frye Faces Second Trial
MARION COUNTY - Accused serial rapist Michael Frye is back in court for his second trial.
Last Friday a judge sentenced him to life in prison for his first rape trial.
The jury heard from 10 witnesses Thursday including Marion County sheriff's detectives, forensic technicians and the man who first dialed 9-1-1.
The 33-year-old victim also took the stand. She testified that she and Frye talked about "partying" in exchange for $300.
The woman fought back tears while telling the jury what happened on July 19th, 2011.
She said Frye took her to a house choked her, dragged her to a shed, zip tied her hands and then ripped her clothes off.
"I told him please don't kill me I have children. I asked him why he was doing it. I asked him to just let me know that he wasn't going to kill me."
During opening statements, both attorneys said the woman voluntarily got in Frye's van at a Walgreens.
He took her to a Dunkin Donuts to drop off a job application and then drove to a house at the shores, but from that point, the two sides differ on what happened next.
State attorney Bryon Aven said Frye choked the woman and then dragged her to this shed and assaulted her with a rake.
"She couldn't even kneel. So she laid on her side and this man is grabbing her hair and forcing her to perform oral sex," said Aven.
"I believe the oral sex had concluded and Mr. Frye feels something in the back of his head," Nugent said. "There is a man behind him with a gun and he can only assume that he will tell you that **** didn't appear startled so she must've known who he was."
Nugent said Frye believed he was getting robbed, but the woman testified that after the assault, Frye zip tied her to the shed and then left with all her belongings.
"He came back," the victim testified. "He told me I better not make another sound; that he has all my information; he has the keys to my apartment. He knows where I live, he has pictures of my kids and that he would come back for me."
Frye is facing one count of kidnapping and three counts of sexual battery.
His trial is scheduled to continue on Friday.
Frye did not take the stand in his last trial, but his Nugent said this time Frye will testify.
- Marion County Convicted Rapist Michael Frye Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Jailhouse Interview with Michael Frye
- Lawyer Didn't Believe His Innocence Says Frye
- Wife of Alleged Serial Rapist Files for Divorce
- Serial Rapist, Killer David Alan Gore Executed
- Frye Found Guilty of Sexual Battery and Kidnapping
- Rape Victim Says Rapists Should Not Have Custody Rights
- Spencer Hearing for Convicted Killer Michael Bargo
- Gainesville Woman Could Face 20 Years in Prison if Convicted of Medicaid Fraud
- Trial for Man Accused of Attempting to Rape, Murder Ocala Woman Begins