Early Morning Attack Ends in Murder for Unidentified Gainesville Man
Published October 27th, 2012
GAINESVILLE- One man is dead in Gainesville this afternoon, and no one has been found responsible.
Technology and witness testimony may be the key to finding a suspect.
Part of the technology comes in the form of a text message, but the information broadcast to thousands in Gainesville early this morning, didn’t get as much attention as one would expect.
Despite the fact thousands of student’s were alerted through UF’s an emergency alert system of the incident occurring around 5am Friday morning, many like Jessica had no idea how serious things gotten.
The crime scene includes a bank along University and 2 ATMS, areas that owners and management have tried to make more safe to prevent robberies.
When it comes to crimes related to ATM theft Gainesville Police Department's, Officer Ben Tobias says, “I’m not aware of too many at all, over the past few years at the request of law enforcement and their own personnel have made enhancements by putting mirrors up and surveillance camera at the atm.”
Investigators in this murder case are still looking for a 5'11" white male suspect weighing 200 pounds, last seen driving a white minivan.
- Gainesville Bookstores Saving Students Millions of Dollars
- Gainesville Police Investigating Fourth Murder this Year Near Southern Pines Apartments
- Shooting at Gainesville Apartment Complex Lands One Man Behind Bars
- End of 2012 Atlantic Hurricane Season, Doesn't Mean an End to Recovery in Lake City
- Bikers Deliver an Early Christmas Surprise to Children in Ocala
- Area Children Experience Christmas Early at Church Luncheon
- Man arrested on attempted murder charges following attack at bar
- Lights Out In Downtown Gainesville
- Trip to Grocery Store Ends in Jail Time for Bradford County Family
- Thanksgiving Holiday Ends in Fatal Hit and Run Accident for FSU Student