Minor Improvements Made to Nations Ballpark Before Officially Opening
Published October 3rd, 2012
NEWBERRY - After years of planning, Nations Ballpark in Newberry is now fully constructed. Even though the fields are manicured and all ready to go, the city is hoping to make some last minute improvements before moving forward.
After opening its doors for a test tournament earlier this summer, project managers realized some changes needed to be made, including lowering some of the infield walls and creating bleacher seats for fans.
Officials say they want to make sure all the kinks are worked out before the ballpark opens full time, especially when considering the economic impact it's expected to have on the area.
Work on those minor improvements is already underway. The hope is that everything will be complete by Thanksgiving, just in time for the complex to host it's first full tournament.
- Newberry Ballpark Complex Breaks Ground
- New Baseball Park In Newberry
- City Rolls Out Park Improvements, With Taxpayer's Help
- Improvements at Tuscawilla Park
- Newberry's Nations Park Wants "Wow Factor"
- Enhancements for Newberry's "Nations Park"
- Newberry's Nations Park Behind Schedule
- Newberry Man Plans Splash Park, In Lieu Of Serving 10-year Federal Sentence
- Nations Park in Newberry Could Be Changing Hands
- Gainesville City Officials Trying To Ease Parking Congestion