Park Safety In Gainesville Eastside Park
GAINESVILLE - Safety. The concern of many parents when out with their children. One parent of two pre-schoolers, wrote a letter to the mayor in which he expressed his worry about the cleanliness and safety of Fred Cone Park. The email reads: "There are biohazards in the play area. as i was picking up the bigger pieces of trash and metal, I came across used condoms, under the kiddie slide."
"I spoke with the individual that called about the concern about the trash. And what had happened was that they had not done a very good job of cleaning up the playground area and the park itself. So we've contacted our contractor, they've been made aware that they are not doing the job they are supposed to do," Phillips says.
The city will be working with the Gainesville Police Department to increase the after hour patrols, in order to make sure that people are not in the park when it's closed and if they are, that they're escorted off the property.
Phillips says the city will keep working towards improving Fred Cone Park. He adds, "That park is hardly utilized we're looking at other things such as possibly a splash area for the kids to enjoy along with the playground equipment and the ball fields and whatnot that we have out there…So we're very very excited about the Cone Park and the future development of that area."
In fact as of this month city commissioners approved capital expenditures to be able to install lighting in the park providing more hours of playtime and more importantly, safety.
- Anti-Butt Program Hopes To Keep Gainesville Streets Clean
- Gainesville Children's Theatre, Singing Their Way Through The Community
- Cabot-Koppers Clean-Up Concerns
- Community Clean-Up
- Alachua Mayor Accused Of Attacking Driver & Using Racial Slurs While Drunk
- Alachua County Doesn't Want To Waste Our Trash
- Northern Part of "Loblolly Woods Nature Park" Up For Bids
- Parking garage coming to downtown Ocala in 2016
- Holiday Shopping Safety
- BlueLight App, One More Step Towards Safety For Students