Plans for a New Power Plant in Levy County
GAINESVILLE - Gainesville environmental groups met to talk about the possible effects of a new power plant that may be built in Levy County.
The old power plant is non-operational. The new plant would be built about five miles away.
On Oct. 31, groups are planning to voice their concerns.
A representative from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission says a study has been conducted showing no environmental concerns that would prevent the plant from receiving its license.
- Duke Energy Pulls the Plug on Planned Levy County Nuclear Plant
- Alachua County Commissioners Formally Discuss Plans for New Biomass Plant
- Ocala's New Power Plant
- Levy County Man Arrested for Making a Destructive Device
- Levy County Holds 2nd Annual Public Safety Expo
- Three Arrested for Grand Theft in Levy County
- Growing Native Helps Plants Staying Power
- GRU Biomass Power Plant Contract Revealed
- Gainesville City Leaders Discuss Ownership of Possible Bio-Mass Power Plant
- Deerhaven Power Plant