Teen Convicted of Murder in Birthday Party Shooting
GAINESVILLE - After only 90 minutes of deliberation, an Alachua County jury convicted Dontavious Copeland of first degree murder on Friday in the death of Jearicka Mack.
Police say Copeland shot a gun at a birthday party last year. One of the bullets struck 15-year-old Mack, killing her.
The defense argued that because of the chaos in the parking lot, it was impossible to prove who fired the shot into the crowd.
- Ocala Man Convicted of Murder, Sentenced to 22 Years in Prison
- Amanda Knox's Murder Conviction Reinstated
- "Hiccup Girl" Convicted of Murder Seeks Retrial
- A Teen Shoots A Volusia County Sheriff's Deputy
- Innocent Teen Murdered in Gang Related Shooting
- Man Convicted Of Killing Two Relatives Executed
- AAA Says More Crashes and Convictions For Teens Who Skip Driver's Ed
- Group of Teens Break into Vacant Building for Party
- Convicted Murderer Marshall Lee Gore Executed
- Austin Jones Convicted of Murder of Korean War Veteran