Boy With 'Germ Cell Tumor' Receives Community Support
GAINESVILLE - It was a fundraiser for one brave little man in North Central Florida Sunday.
Three-year-old Dale "Talon" MuCumber was diagnosed with a germ cell tumor in October.
He is getting chemotherapy to try to shrink the tumor so it can be removed.
His family invited the community to the fundraiser at Splitz Bowling Alley.
They say the response they have received from the community has left them speechless.
"It's phenomenal that people are so good-hearted that they want to help in this time," said Lian Preston, Talan's grandmother.
The event included an all-you-can-bowl-for-$10 deal and a silent auction. All proceeds from the auction went to the family.
- Community support helps Satchel's
- High Hopes for UF's Pediatric Brain Tumor Program
- Ocala "Hair-a-thon," in Support of Boy Fighting Cancer
- Woodland Park Boys and Girls Club Receives Awards
- Trenton Community Supports Paralyzed Teen
- Lake City Community Comes Together to Show Support for Cason Family
- Local Food Pantry Asks For Community Support To Win Holiday Makeover
- Community Comes Together To Support Rape Victim
- Student's Cell Phone Video Catches Gym Teacher Stealing From Lockers
- Gator Men's Golf Dips, McCumber Stays Near Top of NCAA Leaderboard