City of Gainesville Corrects Outdated Information on Parking Tickets
Published November 5th, 2012
GAINESVILLE- The payment instructions on the backs of current tickets state the two payment options are online with a credit card or in person with cash.
Locals feel the payment options don’t reflect the habits of the average citizen.
There are currently at least five options for violators to pay their ticket costs some of which directly contradict what is currently posted on tickets.
City officials were aware of the outdated information on the tickets, but were attempting to save money on printing costs.
"We were trying to exhaust the current stock in an effort to use the tax payers money as efficiently as possible, however we are really concerned that we dont cause any confusion by having outdated information, said Bob Woods,City of Gainesville Media Coordinator.
The new tickets and online payment system are expected to be put into effect starting next year.
- City Prepares to Collect Dues on Unpaid Parking Tickets
- Parking Meter Thief
- Removal Of ASO Traffic Unit Leads To Less Traffic Tickets Being Issued
- City of Gainesville To Get New Traffic Signal Software
- New Restrictions on Game Day Parking Passes Gainesville City Commission
- Gainesville City Officials Trying To Ease Parking Congestion
- GPD: Hit and Run Driver Flees To Avoid Traffic Ticket
- Parking Tickets Confusion
- Plans For The Vacant Gainesville Correctional Institution Building
- The Old Gainesville Correctional Institution - Not Just a Homeless Center