Family Mourns Loss of Daughter at Hands of Father
Published November 13th, 2012
GAINESVILLE - It's a decision that a Gainesville woman will second guess the rest of her life: letting her baby girl spend a month with the estranged father.
Antronia Flowers, 24, thought she was sending her 18-month-old daughter, Breazia Davis, off to Georgia to spend time with her father, Antwon Davis, 20. Flowers says she would check on her daughter every day over the phone to make sure she was alright, even going so far as to ask Davis to send her pictures of Breazia every night. But it was a phone call late last week from a hospital in Georgia that sent Flowers' life upside down.
"It was from [Breazia's] step-mom, saying that she was being rushed to the ER," said Flowers. A few hours later, Flowers says she received that dreaded phone call, informing her that her daughter had passed away. "We were told the baby had fallen off the couch, and was unconscious when the father came out," said Terrian Nelson, Flowers' aunt. "Investigators then began to search her body and found scratches and scars," said Nelson.
After informing authorities that those scars were not present when Breazia left home, they arrested both Antwon and his wife, Amanda Davis, 36, on one count of felony murder. Both are currently awaiting trial in the Bibb County Jail near Macon, Georgia, where the Davis' lived. Meantime, Breazia's mother continues to grieve at her aunt's house in Gainesville.
They say the family will need help paying for Breazia's funeral. If you're interested in helping, they have created an official donation account at all Wells Fargo branches in Breazia's name. Her funeral is planned for Saturday, November 17.
- Family & Friends Mourn The Loss Of Grooveshark Director
- Family mourns loss of man killed in PineRidge Apartments
- Mourning the Loss of Officer Killed in the Line of Duty
- Community Mourns the Loss of 5 Children
- Community Mourns Loss of Well-Known Teacher
- Gainesville community mourning loss of swimming coach, leader
- Levy County mourns the loss of Robert Philpot
- Putnam County Father and Daughter Arrested in Meth Lab Bust
- Daughter of Fallen Officer Remembers Her Father Six Years After His Death
- Father Forces Young Daughter to Do Extreme Exercises, Chokes Her