Gainesville Woman #GivesBack on Her Birthday
GAINESVILLE- The spirit of Thanksgiving doesn’t end when the last of the turkey has been eaten and the United Way of North Central Florida along with partners are adding another event to the holiday season to help those in need.
UF student Meghan Hollen says she wished for something different this year, “For my birthday I wish for like health and happiness and supportive friends and I kind of found charity water to garner the support that I always get on my birthday and channel it into something that can also help people.”
Charity Water, a non profit organization helps bring clean drinking water to people in developing countries, through donations funding water projects.
That’s where Hollen’s mission to raise money on her birthday started.
And the response to her goal of 22-hundred dollars has been positive.
To Donate towards Meghan's goal or to find out more about Charity Water visit their site here.
- Bradford County Woman Stabs Robber in her Home
- Gainesville Little One's Event Celebrates 35 Years of Giving
- Son of Woman Killed in Friday Night Gainesville Crash Speaks
- Cross Country Motorcyclists Return from Charity Ride
- Search for Missing Student Reaches High and Low with Help from Joint Aviation Unit
- Security Changes on the way for Alachua County Schools
- Leadership Changes on the Way for Housing Authority
- County Commissioners Paving the Way for Surtax Intended to Fund Road Improvements
- Gainesville Woman Missing Since Tuesday
- My Brother's Keeper Program at Santa Fe Gives High Schoolers a Taste of College Life