GAINESVILLE - Be it your hair or your car. This afternoon people in Gainesville, big and small represented their favorite team in town. in a sea of orange and blue... Fans and alumni show their true gator pride here at the swamp during the homecoming game 2012. But for one couple this is a day they'll never forget. "It was the perfect wedding day, it was really amazing," newly wed, Dena Baker says.
Dena and Andy Taylor chose to get married during the University of Florida's homecoming game, marking their hopes for a gator victory. "Well andy and i are both huge gator fans so that was a plus from the beginning of our relationship," she says.
The wedding took place in Paynes Prairie where the bride and groom walked down the aisle to the UF fight song. And since the gators were playing Louisanna-Lafayette's Ragin' Cajuns, Their reception was a tailgate on campus with cajun food. "All of our guests wore orange and blue whether they were gator fans or not, that was my request." Dena said.
And if you're wondering whether the gators had cajun for lunch; They did. "We were guaranteed actually by the president. We were talking with bernie machen and we asked if for our wedding present could he guarantee a win and we told him who we were playing... And he said okay, just for you." This gator couple says they vow to celebrate their anniversary every homecoming game.
Whether today was the day you got married, your favorite team won or both. One thing's for sure, every game will be memorable. Next game day don't forget to wear your orange and blue gear, to have fun, be safe and go gators!
- Gator Jazz and Blues Festival Kicks Off Homecoming Weekend
- Fans excited for football at spring game
- Big Win for Florida Gators, Big Loss for Underage Drinkers at Tailgating Parties
- Gators VS Huskies, Fan Reaction
- The Florida Football Fan Game
- Gators Fans Come Out To Watch Annual Spring Football Game
- UF Homecoming events kick off in Gainesville today
- Gators v. Idaho Game Canceled: What Now?
- Soldier Makes Surprise Homecoming At Sister's Softball Game
- Unhappy Florida Gator Fans