Local Doctor Nationally Recognized
GAINESVILLE--The medical practice of one Gainesville doctor has proven to pay off after she was honored with a prestigious national award.
Doctor Latha Ganti Stead has earned the "Dr. William Beaumont Award" by the American Medical Association.
The award acknowledges outstanding contributions as a physician, researcher and educator.
Doctor Ganti Stead says she's not doing anything different than her colleagues, she's just truly passionate about what she does.
"I come to work everyday and I love what I do because you just never know what's going to happen. The emergency department is really exciting." -Dr. Latha Ganti Stead, Chief of Clinical Research at UF
Doctor Ganti stead is a professor of emergency medicine and neurological surgery.
She is also the endowed chair for the "Toral Family Foundation of Traumatic Brain Injury."
- UF/Shands Family Medicine at Main Groundbreaking
- Newberry Elementary Recognized for Unique Teaching Model
- One Year After FBI Raid of Gainesville Clinic and Still no Answers
- Practice Makes Perfect, Gainesville Doctor Honored
- Songs for Kids Foundation Visits Shands
- Darrell Gwynn Foundation Donates Power Wheelchair
- Gainesville Gearheads Raise Money For Cancer Research
- Gainesville Car Show Raises Money For Autism Research
- Doctors Hope Classifying Obesity as a Disease Leads to More Treatment
- UF Researchers Developing a Prostate Cancer Care and Survival Model