Man Arrested after Police Standoff
LAKE CITY - A Columbia County man was taken into custody after an early morning standoff.
Sheriff's deputies responded to a domestic disturbance call in northeast Menlo Glen. When they arrived on scene they found Frederick Janigan held up inside a home. He said he had a shotgun and was going to shoot the officers. A few hours later, however, they convinced Janigan to surrender.
He was arrested on several charges including possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
- Man arrested after standoff in SW Gainesville
- Levy Man kills Wife, Arrested After Standoff With Deputies
- Williston Man Arrested After Victim Tells Police She Was Sexually Assaulted
- Ocala Police standoff Ends with Three Arrests
- Police Standoff Created as Wanted Man Barricades Himself Inside Jonesville Area Home
- Man Arrested in Standoff Says He Was Just 'Popping Off the Gun'
- UF Police: Student Arrested After Using Police Scanner to Keep Police out of Party
- Man Says Devil Made Him Assault Girl According to Lake City Police
- Police Looking for Missing Dunnellon Man with Dementia
- Gainesville Man Behind Bars After Stabbing a Woman