Man Arrested after Police Standoff
LAKE CITY - A Columbia County man was taken into custody after an early morning standoff.
Sheriff's deputies responded to a domestic disturbance call in northeast Menlo Glen. When they arrived on scene they found Frederick Janigan held up inside a home. He said he had a shotgun and was going to shoot the officers. A few hours later, however, they convinced Janigan to surrender.
He was arrested on several charges including possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
- Levy Man kills Wife, Arrested After Standoff With Deputies
- Man arrested after standoff in SW Gainesville
- Alachua County Man Arrested After Threatening Cab Driver With Butcher's Knife
- Man Arrested After High Speed Chase
- Man Arrested After Trying To Steal Boots Twice
- Lake City Man Arrested after Fatal Hit and Run
- Gainesville Man Arrested After Stabbing Father
- Man arrested after posting child pornography on Photobucket
- Williston Man Arrested After Victim Tells Police She Was Sexually Assaulted
- Homicide Suspect Arrested After Police Chase