Mobile Home Fire Kills Marion County Man
MARION COUNTY - Investigators are still looking into the cause of a mobile home fire that killed a Marion County man.
"I was kind of shocked that it was on fire so close to my house," Marion County resident Rodney Mobley said.
Mobley was on his computer when he smelled something burning.
"I told my mom what smelled she thought they were barbequing,"Mobley said.
As Mobley walked outside he quickly realized it wasn't a barbeque, this mobile hime was burning and a man was inside.
"When I came outside the house was engulfed in flames," Mobley said.
Firefighters responded quickly to the fire, when they arrived they fire had already consumed a third of the mobile home.
"Firefighers immediately began fighting the fire and searched the victim," Jessica Greene, Marion County Fire Rescue said.
Inside the home they found the victim, 31 year old Carlos Blanch's body.
"The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental they believe it started in the kitchen," Greene said.
Firefighters are still trying to figure out exactly how the fire started, but say this incident is a reminder to make sure your smoke alarms are working.
"Make sure the smoke alarm batteries are new and working because they really do save lives," Greene said.
"It really hit home about fire safety for us, so me and my mom are going to have fire alarms installed in our house," Mobley said.
Marion County Fire Rescue say there were no smoke alarms in the home at the time of the fire.
- Deadly Mobile Home Fire in Summerfield
- Four Mobile Homes Destroyed by Fires in Citra
- Three Arrests Made for Citra Mobile Home Fires
- Four Dogs Killed, 20 Others Injured, After Mobile Home Goes Up in Flames
- Man's body discovered in home fire
- Elderly Man Badly Burned in Fire
- Investigation Shows Fuel Spill at Marion County Fire Rescue Station Larger than First Reported
- Environmental Officials Investigate Fuel Tank Leak at Marion County Fire Station
- Ocala Man Kills Self, Sets Home and Barn on Fire
- Two killed in deadly crash in Marion County