Practice Makes Perfect, Gainesville Doctor Honored
GAINESVILLE - Practice makes perfect, especially the medical practice of one Gainesville doctor who has been honored with a prestigious national award.
North Central Florida's distinguished medical community has been recognized again. Dr. Latha Ganti Stead has earned the "Doctor William Beaumont Award" by the American Medical Association. The award acknowledges outstanding contributions as a physician, researcher and educator.
Dr. Ganti stead says she's not doing anything different than her colleagues, she's just truly passionate about what she does. Dr. Ganti Stead says, "I come to work everyday and i love what i do because you just never know what's going to happen. The emergency department is really exciting."
Dr. Ganti stead is a professor of emergency medicine and neurological surgery. She is also the endowed chair for the "toral family foundation of traumatic brain injury.
- Cancer #1 Killing Disease For Hispanics, But Gainesville Continues To Fight Back
- New Study By Shands May Help Treat Anxiety Disorders
- Vigil Honored Murdered Doctor from Kansas
- UF's myinvestiGator wins best practices award
- Obesity Epidemic
- Free fitness apps not measuring up to standards
- Little Girl Who Dies Waiting For Heart Transplant, Is Honored During Concert
- Hynes Honored with Service Award
- Gator's Young Perfect, Team USA Not in U19 Hoops Loss to Croatia
- Gator Pitching Nearly Perfect, Sweep the Lipton Invitational with 9-0 Win over North Dakota State