Shands Pumpkin Carve Event
GAINESVILLE - Since they couldn't go trick or treating on Halloween, hopsital workers brougth Hallows Eve to them.
Shands officials held their 30th annual 'Pumpkin Carve Event," where young patients at the hospital got the chance to get candy, play games and even get their arms painted as well as have a pumpkin carve contest.
Officials say its a treat to see patients and their families have fun.
"Its also for the adults, when you go pumpkin carving today its going to be a team effort you have the adults there and the kids, and the kids are supervising instead of the adults," Shands patient Cristobal Serrano said.
Organizers hope to have more activities planned for next year.
- Underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest Encourages Creativity
- Halloween Events
- Wind FM and Hippodrome Team up for Pumpkin Drop
- Tracking Sex Offenders For Halloween Safety
- Be Cautious of Halloween Costume Contacts
- Local Halloween Sales are Booming
- Halloween Stores "Popping Up" in Town
- Halloween on Main St. in Alachua
- 10/22/12 Fitzness Minute: Make Halloween about Fun, not Food
- Ocala Police Begin Halloween Impaired Driving Campaign