"Strike Out Hunger" Food Drives Wraps Up
The food drive "Strike Out Hunger," which took place at the Alachua County fairgrounds, ended last night.
The goal is to feed poverty stricken residents.
Last year organizers raised 67,000 pounds of food.
This year's goal was 100,000 pounds.
The donated food will go to food banks and pantries on Wednesday.
Thanksgiving baskets will be available for families on Thusday from 2 to 6 PM, at the fairgrounds.
- "Fair Fare" for Alachua County Fairgrounds
- Alachua County Decides Whether to Rebuild Fairgrounds Barn After Collapse
- Alachua County Presents Options for New Fairgrounds to Residents
- Rodney Long talks About Food Insecurity In Alachua County
- Alachua County Food Drive
- Alachua County Food Basket Drive
- Strike on Hunger
- "Maddie's Pet Adoption Days" Comes to Gainesville
- Thanksgiving Food Drive
- No Hunger Game Part 1, The Bread Of The Mighty Food Bank