Affair Investigation Comes to a Close
MARION COUNTY--No criminal charges will be filed against former Marion County Undersheriff Dan Kuhn.
Kuhn allegedly used Sheriff's Office resources to carry on an affair.
Sheriff Ed Dean confirmed that the state has decided not to press charges.
A number of deputies were suspended pending the outcome of the investigation.
Deputy Robert Youmans has been reinstated.
But as for Major David Sperring and Captain Chip Widly, evidence that they were involved was discovered.
They remain on suspension.
Sheriff Dean says all costs to the Sheriff's Office and the expenses of the investigation will be paid by Kuhn.
- Dan Kuhn to withdrawl from the Sheriff's race
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- MCSO: Woman's body identified; death investigation continues in Silver Springs
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- Last Known Coordinates For Missing Plane Identified
- Investigators Find Body Believed To Be Missing Man From Interlachen
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Billy Woods sworn in as Marion County's 35th Sheriff
- Sheriff's Office Focuses on Crime Prevention Campaign
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations