Affair Investigation Comes to a Close
MARION COUNTY--No criminal charges will be filed against former Marion County Undersheriff Dan Kuhn.
Kuhn allegedly used Sheriff's Office resources to carry on an affair.
Sheriff Ed Dean confirmed that the state has decided not to press charges.
A number of deputies were suspended pending the outcome of the investigation.
Deputy Robert Youmans has been reinstated.
But as for Major David Sperring and Captain Chip Widly, evidence that they were involved was discovered.
They remain on suspension.
Sheriff Dean says all costs to the Sheriff's Office and the expenses of the investigation will be paid by Kuhn.
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Dan Kuhn to withdrawl from the Sheriff's race
- Blair Wins Nomination for Republican Marion County Sheriff Candidate
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Marion County Sheriff's Citizens Academy Back After 12 Years
- Levy County Sheriff's Office Launches New Investigation
- Another Levy County Sheriff's Office Investigation Concludes
- More Details Emerge In Levy County Sheriff's Office Investigation
- Unionizing At Marion County Sheriff's Office?