Alachua Communications Center Uses New Technology
GAINESVILLE - Robert Ellzey works at the alachua county communications center. He says avl or automatic vehicle location, allows the communications center to see where their dispatched officials are, all the time.
Ellzey says, "For a civilian calling in that function is going to allow us to tell them the approximate time the vehicle is going to get there and how far away the vehicle is coming from. For our commanding officers like our lieutenants, our sergeants, our district chiefs, that lets us tell them where our units are at while they're responding to scene without having to look at their computer.That way they can drive and concentrate on other things."
- 911 Calls Improve With Techonology
- New K-9 Vehicles For Levy County Sheriff's Office
- Tentative Agreement Made Between Alachua County Sheriff's Office and Some of Its Officers
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office Saves Woman from Pasco County
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office E-mail Causes Controversy Over Racism
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office Warns Against Scams on Elderly
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Responds to Two Fires at Same Location