Alachua Communications Center Uses New Technology
GAINESVILLE - Robert Ellzey works at the alachua county communications center. He says avl or automatic vehicle location, allows the communications center to see where their dispatched officials are, all the time.
Ellzey says, "For a civilian calling in that function is going to allow us to tell them the approximate time the vehicle is going to get there and how far away the vehicle is coming from. For our commanding officers like our lieutenants, our sergeants, our district chiefs, that lets us tell them where our units are at while they're responding to scene without having to look at their computer.That way they can drive and concentrate on other things."
- 911 Calls Improve With Techonology
- Waldo agrees to pay off debt from use of center
- Two Women In Clay County Are Shot At In Their Car, One Dies
- Alachua County Residents Can Now Text 911
- Gainesville Officials Are Prepared If Zimmerman Verdict Protests Happen
- Removal Of ASO Traffic Unit Leads To Less Traffic Tickets Being Issued
- Adult Care Center Owner In Williston Charged With Abuse & Exploitation
- Teen Dies After 50-Foot Fall While Working For Tree Service
- Child Pornography Arrest
- Alachua County Fire... Saving Lives