Alachua County Sheriffs Looking for Shooter
Authorities in Alachua County are trying to find the person responsible for shooting and killing William Henry Redd in front of his home.
Deputies say that family members heard gunshots in the Monteocha area shortly after 3:00 PM yesterday afternoon.
The 44 year old Redd was then seen staggering to the back of his home while claiming he had been shot.
There is currently no description of the killer, but there were reports of a black Honda or Toyota 4 door sedan speeding away from the scene of the crime shortly after the shooting occurred.
Redd, who had been in and out of jail several times for minor offenses, was shot in the upper torso.
Anyone with any information should contact the Alachua County Sheriff's Office.
- Family of Levy County Shooter Releases Statement
- Deputies Looking for Missing Woman in Marion County
- Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell: Full Interview
- Looking to Energy-Saving Measures to Save Alachua County Schools Money
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Runaway Mom Turns Herself In To The Alachua County Jail
- Alachua County Sheriff Defends Deputies
- Alachua County Pastor Arrested for Sexual Assault
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Alachua County Commissioners Cut $470,000 from Proposed ASO Budget