Bomb Threat Closes Gilchrist County Schools
Trenton - No explosives were found in any of the schools in Gilchrist County.
Officials say schools are cleared to reopen on Thursday.
This comes after the Trenton Elementary School Principal received a letter that claimed there was a bomb in her school.
Parents are wondering where can their children go and be safe.
For the children, it's a day off from school.
For Stevie Shell a mom, its a day she has to entertain her kids.
"(I'm) trying to keep them out and maintain cause they didn't know what happened," Shell said.
Her kids who attend Trenton Elementary did not know an unidentified person sent a bomb threat in a letter.
Shell questioned where are her kids safe, especially since a week hasn't passed since the Sandy Hook Massacre.
"It makes me thing about what kind of sick people live in this world today, that they're threatening innocent little children," Shell said.
Trenton Police say they got a call around 7 Tuesday evening informing them the principal of Trenton Elementary found a letter indicating there could be a bomb on campus.
"It's horrible, especially here in Trenton it's a small community," Chief Jim Raven with the Trenton Police Department said.
Raven said they worked with the University of Florida Police and the Alachua County Sheriff's Office to assist in making sure the school was safe.
Raven said law enforcement lockdown the school.
Gilchrist County School Superintendent Rob Rankin shut down schools in the entire county and law enforcement is at Trenton High School making sure that every classroom is safe.
The reason, police say there are contents in the letter that can't disclose that made them believe to check Trenton High School.
As a safety precaution law enforcement checked all the other schools as well and hope they catch the person responsible.
"If they only know the man power and the money we're spending to do all the searches and all of our resources and everything I really hope we catch to make an example out of them," Chief Raven said.
All schools in Gilchrist County as well as district headquarters are cleared to reopen on Thursday.
- School Bomb Threat
- Bomb Threat Called In To Columbia School Offices, Found To Be A Hoax
- Bomb Threat at Gainesville High School
- Arrest Made in Bomb Threat at Gainesville High School
- Meet the Field to Become the Next Gilchrist County Sheriff
- Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Against Gilchrist County Sheriff Schultz
- Semi-Tanker Accident Temporarily Shuts Down I-75 In Columbia County
- Three Marion County Web Cafés Forced to Shut Down
- Dixie County Car Dealership May Shut Down After Former Employee Steals Thousands
- Gilchrist County Students Head Back to School Monday