Deadline Passes for First Class Mail Christmas Arrival
GAINESVILLE - The last day for mail to arrive by Christmas is Thursday.
Express mail is still an option for procrastinators.
Post office staff say while there wasn't much last minute traffic Thursday, Monday saw nearly three times the amount of mail with close to 500,000 letters and 40,000 packages.
Post offices in Gainesville will have shortened hours on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve: 8:30am - noon. Post office headquarters off of SW 34th street wil be open to 3pm.
The offices will be closed Christmas and New Year's Day.
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office E-mail Causes Controversy Over Racism
- Post Office Offering Reward
- Post Office Celebrates Anniversary, Tries to Avoid Closure
- Rural Post Offices Will Remain Open But Limited
- Post Office Workers Against "Change of Address"
- Possible Post Office Closure Upsets Residents in Small Community
- Post Office Closing
- Alachua County Commissioners Support Evinston Historic Post Office
- Post Office Closures?
- Marion County Post Office Shuts Its Doors