Gainesville Fire Rescue Raises Safety Wreaths for the Holidays
GAINESVILLE--As more homes are decorating for the holidays, Gainesville fire rescue put up some decorations as well.
Firefighters have placed wreaths at four different stations, and there's a reason why.
Every time a preventable fire occurs one of the green light bulbs will be switched out to red the goal is to keep the wreath green.
JoAnne Rice with Gainesville Fire Rescue says the wreath serves as a reminder of the safety precautions that should be taken during the holidays.
"If you're going to use space heaters make sure you are using those safely, and that you keep them away from anything that's combustible. You want to think about having kind of a 3-foot safety zone around any of those portable heaters." -JoAnne Rice, Gainesville Fire Rescue
November, December and January are the highest fire risk months with preventable fires.
The wreath will remain lit through January second.
- Gainesville Fire Safety Expo shows why fire sprinklers are important
- Fire Prevention Month Highlights Safety
- Local fire rescue offering Thanksgiving safety tips
- Gainesville man turns old fire gear into hot accesories
- Keep The Wreath Green
- Veterans Honored with Wreaths for the Holidays
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Investigating Second Recent Fire in Apartment
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Extinguish House Fire
- Gainesville apartment fire aftermath
- Inside of Ocala's Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting Training