Soldier from Citra is Killed in Afghanistan
CITRA, Fla. (AP) - A soldier from north Florida has been killed in Afghanistan.
The Department of Defense says Pfc. Markie T. Sims of Citra died Saturday in Panjwal, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device.
The 20-year-old was assigned to the 38th Engineer Company, 4th Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, under control of the 7th Infantry Division, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
- North Central Florida Honors Fallen Soldier
- Brother Proud of Fallen Soldier
- Soldier from Melrose dies in Combat in Afghanistan
- 2 Soldiers Killed in Afghanistan IED Attack
- Soldier Killed in Afghanistan Buried in Panhandle
- NCF Soldier Dies In Afghanistan
- Soldier Leaves for Afghanistan after Home Burns Down
- Citra Crash Kills Two
- Couple Pays Tribute to Son Killed in Afghanistan
- Gainesville Marine Killed in Action in Afghanistan