Struggling Family's Roof Rescued By Non-Profit
GAINESVILLE, Before now, this family had more than just a leaky roof over their heads.
NCFRSA, North Central Florida Roofing and Sheet Metal Contractor's Association a not-for-profit, tries to help one family in need every year. This year it was Joanne Hiironen, a single parent with three kids in gainesville that was chosen.
Jacob Piazzo President for NCFRSA says "There's missing ceilings in the bathroom inside the house and there's a leak over the oldest son's bed. The roof over all has deteriorated, the conditions inside of the house are pretty severely."
Eric Hunt, Vice-President for NCFRSA says he heard about Hiironen, and her family's situation at church. "It's a real blessing, i know for her, for us, to be able to come out here and help her. I know it's an answer to a prayer but I really think we get a lot out of this too. I really think it' good for us and i think it 's good to get a perspective of what we do and how it can really affect somebody's life for the positive."
The family tells me the roof has had problems for years now, 10 actually. But that it wasn't till tropical storm debbie hit that all the rainfall caused even a bigger problem. "It's been a long time. It was just getting worst and worst," says Gunner Holt, Hiironen's oldest son tells me it was hard to sleep in his room. "A couple of holes in my roof now that were leaking right over my bed. So I had to put a tarp in," Holt says.
The roof took three days to fix up and this whole project would have cost the family about $9,000. However Hiiroren and her kids don't have to worry anymore as the new roof was just completed.
- Local Non-Profit Opens Coffee Shop To Help Vets
- GPD's Non-Profit Program On The Hook For $2,500
- Non-profit Group Claims GRU Customers Are Improperly Taxed
- City Of Gainesville Plans To Give Land To Non-Profit
- Grant Safari Provides Financial Help For Non-Profits
- County Helps Non-Profits Find Grant Money
- Non-Profit Sues GHA, ACHA & Gail Monahan
- Calling Non-Profits in Alachua County...
- Help For Non-Profits
- A Local Non-Profit Organization Says Popsicles Can Impact the Economy...