Tots Get Toys in Dixie County
After waiting almost 10 hours in the cold weather last night, Cynthia Swope- Cobb can now give her daughter a Christmas.
"I'm disabled so there's no way I can afford to get toys for my daughter," said Cynthia Swope-Cobb.
Toys for Tots has given her a Christmas for the past 13 years.
"Without it, my daughter wouldn't have a Christmas,"
Neither would one-year-old Bryly, whose great grandmother has been helped by toys for tots for 5 years.
"He got a wooden airplane somebody made and he loved it, it was the best, he still has it , said Christina Hall, a Dixie County Great Grandmother."
After registering, being approved to receive the gifts and waiting in line…it's time to shop.
When you go inside it looks like a toy store.
A volunteer helps each parent find toys for their tots.
Martha Nelson's seven year-old daughter told her all she wanted for Christmas was a pair of shoes and a toy she never thought she'd get.
Swope-Cobb says a 'thank you' isn't enough for what she leaves with today.
"It's almost overwhelming joy just to know that when I get up on Christmas and my little girl's face lights up…Santa has been there," Swope-Cobb said.
The Gainesville Toys for Tots distribution is next Wednesday.
- Tots Without Toys This Christmas
- One Tight Race In Gilchrist County
- Alachua County Sheriff Defends Deputies
- Fraternity Helps Toys for Tots
- Toys for Tots Motorcycle Ride
- Toys For Tots Still Accepting Donations
- Toys for Tots Receives Much Needed Help
- After Months of Collecting, Toys for Tots can Deliver
- Adult Bullying, a Silent Problem
- A New Beginning for One Jacksonville Family