BBQ Turned Deadly Shooting in Suwannee County
Published January 29th, 2013
Suwannee County, Fl:
A Suwannee County man has been arrested after allegedly fatally shooting two brothers.
According to the arrest report the shooting happened Saturday at Dowling park, just before 10 P.M.
Marcus Cole was having a barbecue at his home when a fight broke out between six men.
One of the men, Joshua White, was cut in the back of the neck with a knife.
The report says Cole then went into his home and got a rifle.
He allegedly shot Abram Williams, who was trying to leave, in the back of the head.
His brother, 46-year-old Michael Williams, was standing nearby, also was shot.
Michael Williams died at the scene and his brother was transported to Shands of Gainesville where he died Sunday.
Cole is charged with two counts of first degree murder.
- 2 dead in Suwannee County crash
- Shooting & House Fire in Suwannee County
- Altercation Turns Deadly In Ocala
- Police: Ocala Man Turns Himself In After Shooting
- Suwannee County Woman Charged with Vehicle Homicide
- Motorcycle Crash Seriously Injures Two in Suwannee County
- Unconfirmed Tornado Badly Damages Suwannee County Business
- Body of One Missing Gilchrist County Man Found Near Bank of Suwannee River
- Suwannee County Missing Woman Update
- Suwannee County Residents Call on Power of Prayer for Jane Doe