Brother Proud of Fallen Soldier
CITRA - Family and friends will have to wait a little bit longer, especially since the funeral service for Army Private First Class has been pushed back. Family members say Sims led by example, even if it meant losing his life.
Sims younger brother Jamonta Jamerson is trying to understand how he lost his older brother in Afghanistan.
"If I could tell him anything right now, I'd tell him I love him, cause I really did love him," Jamerson said.
Jamerson fought back tears over losing an older brother he admired.
"We'd go bowling like Tuesday on every Tuesday, we used to have a lot of fun together, if I could I wish he was with me right now," he said.
Jamerson found out his brother was killed in Afghanistan when Army officials arrived at his grandmother's house in Citra.
"I was scared I was shocked so I had went walking I couldn't even go with them," Jamerson said.
Sims died on December 29th in Afghanistan when an IED exploded near his vehicle. Jamerson says now, they're staying strong for the family including Sims' wife who's expecting their first child, but despite losing his brother Jamerson is honored his brother died while serving the country.
"He fought for this country and i felt like that's the best way to die, fighting for your country and i feel he's in a better place right now," Jamerson said.
The reason the service was pushed back another week is because Sims body will not make it home in time for the funeral service this weekend. The service has been rescheduled for January 12th at 1 o'clock at United Baptist Church in Reddick.
- North Central Florida Honors Fallen Soldier
- Soldier from Citra is Killed in Afghanistan
- Fallen Soldier
- Honoring Fallen Soldiers and Veterans in Marion County
- Fire Marshal Investigating Several Suspicious Fires in Marion County
- "Operation Rebuild," Helping Others In Marion County
- Marion County Fallen Officer Memorial
- Happy Homecoming for Gainesville Soldier
- Highway Dedicated To Fallen Soldier
- Vietnam War Veterans Honor Fallen Soldiers