Child Pornography Arrest
ALACHUA - In the Turkey Creek subdivision of Alachua, in a neighborhood with kids and young people, lives 61 year-old Wayne Thigpen, with his wife; and even though she wouldn't talk to us, neighbors tell me the thigpens were a quite couple that rarely went outside.
And if they did, it was only for things like gardening. Johnnie Jodbolt-Jones says, "I mean, you could live with a person and still not know that person." Jones who lives nearby in Alachua says she's glad he got caught before things could get worse. "When a person do something, it's gonna come to the light. So they can do it all they want but it's soon going to come to a halt," she adds.
A search warrant for Thigpen's home right behind me allowed deputies to find about 30 images and videos of child pornography. And that was through a forensic preview of his computer, not a complete search.
Sergeant Brandon Kutner with the Alachua County Sheriff's Office says these type of cases are the kind that can lead to sexual abuse of children. "It is an indicator of pedophilia so it is very important to I guess intercept this type of behavior very very quickly, not just for the legal aspect but to protect victims down the road as well," he says.
Some of the videos found in Thigpen's computer involved toddlers and adults. "You never know what goes through people's minds. You don't know what they've been through. You don't know what they're thinking about," Jones says.
Thigpen is currently being held in the alachua county jail on two counts of possession and distribution of child pornography with a $100,000 bond.
Jones who is a mother and grand-mother says that one more person behind bars for a crime like this in her town, helps her sleep better at night.
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Alachua Communications Center Uses New Technology
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Two Women In Clay County Are Shot At In Their Car, One Dies
- Gilchrist County Homicide, Victim Dies Fleeing From Intruder
- RTS Bus And Sheriff's Deputy Car Involved In Crash
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Alachua County Pastor Arrested for Sexual Assault
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office creates safe place for online sales
- Child Porn Arrest In Alachua