Foiled Burglary Suspect Escapes
ALACHUA COUNTY--A homeowner foils an attempted burglary.
Tuesday night a couple arrived at their home off Archer Road when the man went inside the house he heard his dog barking and his girlfriend screaming.
His girlfriend had seen a man running across their front yard.
The couple called Sheriff's Deputies and soon after a helicopter circled the area looking for the suspect, but he was not found.
Deputies say walking in during a burglary can be dangerous.
"One of these firearms he intended to take he might of used that on the homeowner himself or he might have had a firearm with him."- (Art Forgey, Spokesperson for Alachua County Sheriff's Office)
Outside the home, the victims found a comforter filled with their electronics, guns, and other valuables.
- Tentative Agreement Made Between Alachua County Sheriff's Office and Some of Its Officers
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office Saves Woman from Pasco County
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office E-mail Causes Controversy Over Racism
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office Warns Against Scams on Elderly
- A Grand Jury Says Former Columbia County Sheriff's Employees Commit Grand Theft
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office Marks Sexual Predator Residences
- Unionizing At Marion County Sheriff's Office?