Gainesville Police Conducting Increased Traffic Detail Along Roadways
GAINESVILLE- The message Gainesville Police officers were trying send is simple, but many drivers are learning it the hard way.
Seventy traffic tickets were written in 3 hours according to GPD, that’s right around twenty more than last week's operation at the exact same crosswalk.
The operation is made possible through a grant awarded by the Florida Department of Transportation.
Each of the seventy tickets written today costs the driver about $150 and 3 points on their license.
- Series of Car Accidents Plague Gainesville Roadway
- Crosswalk Concerns on SW 62nd Blvd Still Linger
- North Central Florida Residents Monitor Rising Water Levels Along the Santa Fe
- Gainesville Activites and Traffic Details- Art Fest, Bikers Parade
- Gainesville Police Investigating Fourth Murder this Year Near Southern Pines Apartments
- Gainesville Police Cracking Down on Jaywalking
- City Prepares to Collect Dues on Unpaid Parking Tickets
- UF Student Football Ticket Sales Witness Dry Spell
- Traffic Flow Cameras Confused with Red Light Cams
- Hurricane Season Brings Increased Rain and Dangerous Driving Conditions